Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Best of the Valley Quilt Show

Today, we found ourselves on a stroll through the Best of the Valley Quilt Show in the town of Lindsay California.  

the reverse applique in this award winning quilt was done by my friend Molly Hamilton Yao
The show was full of great looking quilts, and there were several local guilds in attendance.  The building was spacious and had good lighting so we could really enjoy the tiny details; things like hand quilting, and applique.  

Here are a few photographs that I took today at the show.  Enjoy!

**You can click on the images to get a BIGGER view.



this quilt was one of my favorites
I love 30's repro fabric. they're so sunny and bright
the yo-yo and origami fabric flowers really made this quilt stand out
I LOVE my chickens so I had to grab this shot
this double wedding ring was hand appliqued very nicely


this quilt would be great to have at Christmas
this is a Judy Neimeyer pattern. SO pretty and complex.
I love this Nancy Rink designed quilt pattern too
baltimores are my absolute favorite quilts

I have been a quilter for more then a decade, and I have collected cotton fabric for more than two decades.  I hope to get my sewing room established soon so I can get back at it.  

Do you quilt or sew?  What are your hobbies?  Please comment and share. 

Have a GREAT week ahead

4 comments:

  1. These quilts are so elaborate and beautiful! And the quite put mine to shame ~ but its lots of fun! Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous quilts! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to quilt. It calms my soul. I don't get to sew as often as I'd like. The star on the red background and the flag quilt are my favorites. I'd love to have you stop by for my very first giveaway if you have time. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quilt and enjoy seeing quilt shows ( our local one is only every 2 years so thank goodness for bloggers who post the shows that they attend :)

    ReplyDelete