Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

FarmGirl Friday Blog Hop- #47



Happy Friday Friends!

Welcome to the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop.  It's been another busy week around my place, but this time of year is busy for all of us.

On Monday we had a few inches of new snow. That was a treat.  It's been such a dry winter here.

I am so glad that I beat the snow and got all of my bareroot fruit vines planted ahead of it.

Tonight, I am spending the night with my kids, the newlyweds.   They have the tiniest, cozy little apartment.  Sitting here with them brings back fond memories of a few "lean years" spent just me, my hubby and the baby.

I am sitting before this computer, looking at that baby today and he's grown.  He's now a 6' 5" tall gentleman, and deeply in love with his beautiful bride.

It warms my heart to see them so happy and in love.  I am a lucky Mom.

It's been years since I have really slept on a couch, so wish me luck because that's where I'll be tonight.  lol.

Together, we've been having a great time.  Anti-social though I am, the kids managed to coax me to attend my first Scentsy party.  Wow!  Who knew they could make candle fragrances so pretty?



In the morning, my son and his buddies are driving down to my place to move my greenhouse from the front of the property to my back yard, and electricity.  I am so excited.

My seedlings will be started inside my soon to be heated greenhouse for the first time in ten years...

Outdoors this week I managed to plant another grouping of strawberries, some asparagus, and about 300 onion bulbs.  I also mulched my fruit trees and this pretty black currant bush in the back yard.
Stay tuned...

Tomorrow (just as soon as I get home and settled in) we will draw a winner for the February UFO Roll Call Sewing and Quilting Challenge .  

You can link up your entries for the March UFO Roll Call Challenge HERE-!!! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and link up.  I will add a new featured post in the morning.  Sorry, I am a bit off this weekend ladies, it's been a really busy day.

Now, it's YOUR turn to share what's going on around your homestead...

Here are the rules for the Farmgirl Friday blog hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

Be sure to stop by the MJF BEACH FARMGIRL BLOG to read all about the colossal case of
" Cottage Fever " Deb has come down with!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your son and his wife are so happy. That is a real gift, for sure :) :) :) Okay, I'm off to read some of the entries in the Farmgirl Friday Blog hop today :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Heather!
    I hope you have a great weekend too.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete