Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

It's not YOU! It's a hardware failure...


For anyone trying to link up to Farmgirl Friday yesterday or today, you may have noticed it's been nearly impossible to do...  I got a note from Brent Riggs, founder of LinkyTools explaining the problem.  He's getting things back online, so just hang in there and we'll eventually be able to continue linking up our hops!

Thank you,

Heidi


NOTICE
[Close]
Just Shoot Me !!!!!!
Hard Drive Crash on Friday
My hosting service notified me around noon today that my dedicated server hosting the linky tools images crashed and burned, total drive failure... OH JOY!  (I have three servers 1: the site 2: the database 3: the images).
Don't worry... no images were lost. That is what backups are for.
It’s the worst kind of nightmare for a website owner because 1) I cannot control it, but the reality is 2) hardware crashes… like a car crash, it just happens sometimes and you just have to deal with it the best you can.  I will say I’ve been blessed: this is the first web server hard drive crash I’ve ever had.
Trust me, I’m stressed out of my eyeballs trying to get things back up as fast as possible. I’m very sorry...
As of Saturday, 911.37am: From my latest update from my hosting service, I should be back online sometime this weekend.  A new drive and all the content has been restored but something in the configuration is not allowing the site to connect to the database server (#2 server).  So close, but yet so far. I'm one "click" away from having it back up but it's not something I have access to (its equipment related). THE IMAGES ARE SHOWING ON YOUR LISTS. THE PART THAT IS NOT YET BACK ONLINE IS THE ABILITY TO ADD ENTRIES TO A THUMBNAIL LINKY.

Brent

2 comments:

  1. All of the blogs with linky parties today has not been working, so everybody is affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. Tough break. but they're really trying to get it fixed. I have two more hops I enjoy that open in about 36 hours, so I hope it's fixed by then... Have a great weekend Missy.

    ReplyDelete