Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Farmgirl Friday #58

Happy Friday Folks!

It's been exciting around here this week.  

The good stuff...
My kids came to visit for Mother's Day and we had a great time.  We had a yard sale and I sold about 200 tomato plants.  I took the proceeds and bought my baby chickens a fancy automatic waterer and two big girl feeders.  I made it to another Master Gardener class on Monday and enjoyed clever landscape design ideas and some Integrated Pest Management for roses. My family are all well and the hubby and I have been working hard in the yard.  I got some veggies planted, a few more flowers and a few herbs too.  All in all, this has been a good week, but there were a few bumps in the road.

The bad stuff...
One of my favorite baby chicks, a salmon favorelle named Roo got his toe pecked pretty bad.  It was really frightening how blood thirsty they are.  I grabbed him up almost immediately, but they still tore through the toe to the bone or cartilage or whatever it is inside their toes.   I cleaned his wound and poured hydrogen peroxide over it and then covered it in triple antibiotic ointment.  I kept him segregated inside a milk crate within the hen house for two days and Jerry let him out today.  He was doing okay, nobody was pecking at it anymore, but one of the hens got him again so I have him sequestered in a small portable dog kennel inside the coop with the rest of them.  The attack happened after I added the Blue-Kote wound care medication.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  I think he was better off before I put the medicine on him and I can't seem to remove the purple stain.

"Now it's your turn to share what's happening in your farmgirl/guy world!
Tell us on the hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!

2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.

3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

Have a great week everyone and thank you so much for all you share here every Friday! I'm in the garden much of the time ( as most of you are ) with little time for commenting regularly, but please know I am reading and learning from all of you. I appreciate your comments and wisdom when you have time to share it!"  I couldn't have said it better Deb.  Thanks!


Farmgirl Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment