Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Country Homemaker Hop #44


Happy Wednesday!

I have been busy trying to finish up a few end of season chores.  I finally extracted the honey from a few left over hive boxes.  Yippee!  Fresh honey!  
I got a few gallons to feed back to my bees this winter, and I jarred up a few cute little wedges of honeycomb in pint jars for gifts.
The leaves on my Autumn Blaze maple tree are turning beautiful colors and littering my lawn.  I love the changing colors of Autumn.  
We've had a BUSY ten days or so.  My beautiful baby sister got married, I had another birthday, my kids came up for a visit, and Jerry and I have been driving up and down the western Sierra-Nevada mountains looking for an affordable little patch of homestead to move our little farm into.  Our efforts seem to be paying off.  We just found out tonight that the owners of the fixer-upper we've been in negotiations to buy have accepted our offer.  Woohoo!!!  So, it looks like there are going to be some BIG changes for us very soon.  Whew, I feel like I need a nap.  The animals are all tucked in to bed and we are heading that way too.  May you have have a blessed week.  It's YOUR turn to share...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I shared my article on why ducks are better than chickens! Enjoy! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting!

    Linked up my post, “HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGGS”

    http://littleowlcrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-make-perfect-hard-boiled-eggs.html

    <3

    ReplyDelete