Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

The Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop #54

Happy Friday
farmgirls and boys...
It's that time again... time to pull up your chair, grab a warm cup of sunshine and share what you're working on at your homestead.  I don't know about you, but I look forward to this day every week.  It's my special "me" time.  I enjoy catching up with all of my blog friends.  I learn so many new skills and get such good ideas from everyone. THANK YOU!!!


When our new honey bees arrived last Saturday, it was in the middle of a powerful storm with lots of snow and freezing temperatures.  Not so good, but this week Mother Nature took pity on us and our weather warmed up.  It's been sunshine and gentle breezes since Monday.   Perfect weather to set up and check on my new hive.  Yippee!  Aren't they pretty?  I am giggling as I type.  I am having so much fun learning how to tend honey bees.
I am in the middle of planting the seeds for my bee herb garden.  I plan to plant small 6'x8' vignettes around my property just for the bees.  I found lots of ideas for bee friendly plants HERE and HERE.
This is a picture of one of my beehive frames/foundation.  My bees have only been working this hive for about 4 weeks, but they've already filled up the bottom hive box and are quickly filling up the second deep box.  I am amazed.
Our weather has been so nice that I took our baby chicks out for their first play date yesterday, in the big outdoors.  They LOVED it.  As you can see, my brood is a rainbow of beauty.  I love them all dearly.
I finally decided it was warm enough to set out my hummingbird feeders and immediately found this pretty little baby drinking.  Isn't she pretty?  I do not see these pretty little brown hummingbirds too often.  
Well, that's what's going on at my place.  

What have you been up to this week???


 Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Friday Blog Hop! 
1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting...have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I shared an article about homesteading and my new series featuring homesteaders!

    Join the fun! Are you an urban suburban, or rural homesteader? Show us your homestead in a feature on my blog!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete